Officer Profiles, Lodge reference guides & Grant Programs please visit About Us / Officers & Directors page.
Sons of Norway - International - mission is to 'promote and to preserve the heritage and culture of Norway'
Sons of Norway District 4 - District 4 encompasses Alberta, Montana, North Dakota and Saskatchewan
Lodges in District 4, Zone 4 - Zone 4 consists of Alberta and Saskatchewan only
Sons of Norway Foundation in Canada - administers scholarships, bursaries, cultural grants, sports grants, memorials and legacies
Click on the SONFIC (Sons of Norway Foundation in Canada) LINK above for newsletters and more information
- a non-profit society made up on The Finnish Society of Edmonton, Danish Canadian Society – Dania, Icelandic Canadian Club of Edmonton, Sons of Norway Solglyt Lodge 4-143 and VASA Order of America Skandia Lodge No. 549 and other individual members
ESCA Scandinavian Christmas Market - Facebook
- a popular Christmas Craft Market specializing in Christmas and other crafts, ethnic baking, open-faced sandwiches and beverages, held annually at the Home of the Scandinavians - International Hall and Nordic Room.
- a society incorporated in 1984 to promote the Scandinavian culture and coordinate and present the Scandinavian community's pavilion at the annual Servus Heritage Festival, complete with photos over several years
- this site has links to Edmonton area societies for Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden
- a multigenerational summer camp formed to promote and preserve Norwegian heritage through history, crafts, traditional skills and culture classes; and all things Scandinavian
Torskeklubben of Edmonton - Facebook
- a non-profit club with Norwegian roots that meets monthly for a meal of torsk (cod), a sample of Aquavit, and fellowship
- a banquet and meeting facility located at 13312 – 142 Street, easily accessed via St. Albert Trail, where the Scandinavians hold their meetings and social functions. The rooms are available for rent throughout the year by the public. A large BBQ and the pocket park with a traditional windmill are available on site for outdoor functions
- see also www.dcchall.com - this website has been suspended while the website is being reviewed
National and International
- promotes Norwegian interests in Canada and further develop Norwegian-Canadian relations. The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Ottawa was established in 1949.” This site also has tourist information and a list of official Norwegian websites. http://www.emb-norway.ca/travel/ and http://www.visitnorway.com/us/
- a job board for students, summer internships and education opportunities – co-sponsored by the Sons of Norway. This site also has an informative “Culture” section
- a Norwegian site with modern design elements and specializing in traditional bunad costumes and accessories
- for a visual display, please visit Pinterest.com and do a search for “bunad” “costumes” – this site will show examples of a wide variety of the Scandinavian traditional costumes